Call now - 020 8215 1205

Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa 

Every year sports professionals come to the UK to train and coach. The Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Visa provides a route for sportspersons from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) to come to Britain to promote their sport.

At Paul John & Co, our Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa lawyers help sports professionals from around the world with their visa applications, from compiling the required documentation to submitting the application, and dealing with UK Visas & Immigration officials throughout. Our solicitors are highly specialised and able to advise on all aspects of immigration and other areas including conveyancing and family law. We offer a high-quality service and have an excellent track record in achieving success for our clients. Contact us today to find out how we can help you.

Who can apply for the Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Visa?

The Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Visa is designed for elite sportspeople and coaches who are recognised by their sport’s governing body as being at the highest level in their sport at an international level. The governing body must endorse your application. This means it must confirm you are recognised as an elite sportsperson and that your relocation to the UK will make a significant contribution to the sport.

You will be considered eligible for the Sportsperson Visa if you meet the following criteria:

  • Have a certificate of sponsorship for your role
  • Have a good knowledge of English
  • Have sufficient personal savings to support yourself when you come to the UK
  • Be able to travel and show where you have travelled in the previous five years

What is the certificate of sponsorship and how do I get one?

You must be sponsored by the organisation that will employ you once you are in the UK. Only organisations that are registered and licensed by the UK Border Agency can sponsor applicants for Tier 2 Sportsperson Visas. Unlike its name suggests, the certificate is not a paper document but an electronic file, which holds information about you and your job offer. The organisation sponsoring you will provide you with the certificate reference number that you must include in your application to the Home Office.

Why do I need a lawyer to help with my Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa?

Like with all UK immigration matters, applying for Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa involves a complex procedure. You must provide a wide range of documentary evidence to support your application, including bank statements, identification, proof of your knowledge of English and a letter of endorsement from your sport’s governing body.

Our immigration lawyers regularly work with sports professionals seeking entry to the UK to train or coach in their chosen sport. We understand the importance of opportunities to promote your sport internationally. We are well versed in the application process for the Tier 2 (Sportsperson) Visa and can provide hands-on support throughout your application to ensure you get the outcome you require. 

Contact our UK Tier 2 Sportsperson Solicitors in East London

We provide a full immigration law service, including advising on, preparing and submitting your visa application. Find out more information on our fees here. Our immigration solicitors also offer expert guidance and representation for immigration appeals and judicial review cases if your application has been refused. For UK immigration law advice at a competitive rate, contact our friendly and proficient team today. Call us on 020 8215 1205 or use our online contact form and we will be in touch very soon. We also have an out-of-office number in case of emergencies – call 07984 013 143

What our clients say

Will recommend Paul John & co solictors to anyone seeking immigration help. My Immigration problem was solved ASAP.
google local reviews


Speak to us now - 020 8215 1205

Immigration: Experts

We have extensive experience in successfully helping businesses and individuals apply for a wide range of UK visas. When you work with us, you will receive clear, practical and reliable advice to help you achieve your immigration goals.