Call now - 020 8215 1205

Sole Representative of an Overseas Business Application London, Visa & immigration Solicitors UK

For growing businesses that intend to expand into the UK market, the representative of an overseas business visa exists to allow employees to come to the UK to set up a branch, office or wholly owned subsidiary here.

The immigration lawyers at Paul John & Co offer a wide range of immigration law services to companies and employees when attempting to establish a UK presence. We take the time to clearly understand your commercial objectives and provide first-class advice and support when applying to enter the UK.

Our solicitors are highly specialised and able to advise on all aspects of immigration as well as other areas of law including conveyancing and family law. Contact us today to discuss your requirements.

What are the requirements for a representative of an overseas business visa?

This visa route is open to senior executives and managers (but not major shareholders) employed by an overseas company who have the authority to make key business decisions and who have extensive industry knowledge and experience. The employee’s relocation to the UK must be for the purpose of establishing the company’s first branch or subsidiary in the UK.

The representative must be able to show they have adequate funds to support themselves and any accompanying family members while in the UK and that they have a sound knowledge of the English language. The English language requirement can be satisfied by either passing an approved test or having a recognised academic qualification taught in English.

What rules apply to this visa?

This visa allows an eligible employee of an overseas business to stay in the UK for three years initially, with the possibility to extend the visa by a further two years. After this five-year period, the representative can apply to settle in the UK. The employee can bring family members with them but they must apply separately.

The representative will not be able to work for themselves or any other business with this visa, nor remain in the UK if the employer ends the sole representative agreement.

How do you apply for the representative of an overseas business visa?

The representative will be required to provide documentary evidence to support their application to the Home Office, including evidence of maintenance funds for themselves and their family, details of their UK accommodation and proof that they meet the English language requirement. The business will also have to supply important information, including concerning the company’s activities, accounts and share distribution.

The Home Office will thoroughly assess the application to establish whether the intentions of the business and the representative are genuine and that all the criteria are met. Many factors will be considered, including the type of activities the business carries out, its turnover and profits, the size of the business and how long it has been established.

How can an immigration lawyer help when applying for this visa? 

If you are an overseas business that intends to send an employee to the UK, it is important that you are fully aware of the merits of your application and the potential difficulties you may face as part of the application process. This will ensure that you take the right approach from the outset, saving your business valuable money and time, and that your application is as strong as possible.

At Paul John & Co, we have many years of experience supporting businesses and professionals seeking entry to the UK. We will explain the rules and procedures to you carefully and clearly, and recommend the visa option that will best meet your business goals. We provide a full immigration law service, including advising on, preparing and submitting your visa application. Our immigration solicitors also offer expert guidance and representation for immigration appeals and judicial review cases if your application has been refused.

Contact our Representative of an Overseas Business Solicitors East London, UK

For UK immigration law advice at a competitive rate, contact our friendly and proficient team today. Find out more information on our fees here. Call us on 020 8215 1205 or use our online contact form and we will be in touch very soon. We also have an out-of-office number in case of emergencies – call 07984 013 143

What our clients say

It was a great experience in the sense they are very approachable, friendly, keep us updating each stage of the application & the solicitor is very sincere. I sincerely recommend this solicitor if you have any immigration problems.
google local reviews


Speak to us now - 020 8215 1205

Immigration: Experts

We have extensive experience in successfully helping businesses and individuals apply for a wide range of UK visas. When you work with us, you will receive clear, practical and reliable advice to help you achieve your immigration goals.