Spouse, Civil Partner & Unmarried Partner Applications. Visa Lawyers London
If your partner is a British citizen, a person who is settled in the UK with indefinite leave to remain, an individual who is in the UK with leave as a refugee or a person granted humanitarian protection, you are entitled to make an application to enter the UK. This application will be for a UK spouse visa, a UK civil partner visa, a UK unmarried partner visa or a UK Fiancée visa or proposed civil partner visa.
If you are considering making an application for a spouse or unmarried partner visa, our dedicated and professional team of immigration lawyers at Paul John & Co are here to help. Contact our specialist immigration lawyers today to find out how we can help.
Expert Immigration Solicitors in East London, UK
To obtain a visa in one of the above categories, you will need to satisfy the following requirements:
- You will be able to satisfy the Suitability requirement as per immigration rules.
- You are in a genuine and subsisting relationship with your partner, and you intend to live permanently in the UK.
- You and your partner will be able to satisfy the financial requirements of the immigration rules. (The current income requirement for entry to the UK in the above category is £18,600. You can also meet the requirement by way of savings of £62,500 in your account. There are exceptional circumstances applications under Article 8 if you are unable to meet the financial requirements, please contact us on 020 8215 1205 if you need any further information in this regard).
- You will be able to meet the English language requirement as per immigration rules unless you are exempt from this requirement due to your age, nationality or other medical reasons.
- You have adequate accommodation in the UK.
- You also need to undertake a Tuberculosis test if you are applying from a country which is a listed country, as per the immigration rules.
If you meet the above requirements for entry clearance as a partner, you will be granted entry clearance for an initial period not exceeding 33 months subject to no recourse to public funds. If the UK Spouse or partner visa application is successful, you will be given a 1-month visa in your passport to enter the UK and collect the biometric residence card from the nearest centre as stated in your application.
If your application for a visa as a spouse, civil partner, unmarried partner, Fiancée or proposed civil partner visa is refused by the Entry Clearance Officer (ECO), an entry clearance appeal can be filed with the First Tier Tribunal within 28 days of the date of receipt of the refusal letter.
Paul John & Co solicitors are experts in processing UK spouse visa and partner visa applications since 2006. Our team will offer a fast, friendly, honest and reliable service, free of legal jargon. If we are instructed to represent you in your application our dedicated team will be able to provide you with the following services:
- We will arrange for an appointment with your spouse or partner at our office or arrange for an online or telephone consultation to discuss the application process.
- We will provide a detailed list of all documents required and will advise you about the procedure and process of the application.
- We will prepare your online application and after your approval will be able to submit the application, arrange for the payment of the fees, and book your appointment in the relevant visa offices in your home country.
- We will also follow up on your application with UK Visas and Immigration if the processing time exceeds the standard visa processing time.
Contact our Immigration Lawyers East London, UK
If would like to discuss your application for a UK Spouse or unmarried partner visa, or have any other queries regarding immigration law contact us on 020 8215 1205 or fill out our online enquiry form and we will be in contact with you.